Attorney at law/Partner, Amereller Rechtsanwälte (Berlin, Cairo, Tripoli)
- Business law in the Middle East
- finance (including Islamic Finance)
- energy (focus renewable energies)
- general commercial (including agency and distribution
- joint ventures).
Areas of law
- 1993 First State Examination, Berlin, after studies at the universities of Freiburg, Damascus and Berlin (FU)
- 1994 Diploma in Middle East Studies, American University in Cairo
- 1995 LL.M., University of London
- 1997 Dr iur University of Berlin (FU)
- 1998 Second State Examination, Berlin
- 1998-1999 Assistant Professor University of Frankfurt, Department of Economic Law
- 1999 Admission to the bar
- 1999-2007 Attorney, Gleiss Lutz (Frankfurt), partner as from 2004, secondment to Herbert Smith (London) in 2002
- 2008-2010 Head of Interim Secretariat, RCREEE, Cairo
- from 2010 partner Amereller (based in Cairo, Berlin and Tripoli)
Numerous arbitrations as counsel under different rules (including ICC, ICSID, Swiss Rules, CRCICA, etc.) and ad hoc; Subject-matter of the arbitral proceedings: commercial transactions, CISG, agency, financing agreements, insurance, German law, Iranian law, Swiss law, Yemeni law, Egyptian law, Libyan Law, various BITs.
- Insurance Law in the Arab Countries (1997)
- Chapters on Egypt, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Libya, Yemen, Mauritania and Sudan in Geimer/Schütze, International Enforcement of Claims in Commercial Matters
- chapter on Islamic Finance in Siebel (ed.), Project Finance and PPP (2008)
- numerous articles in academic and professional journals on Middle Eastern business law, arbitration, conflict of laws and international litigation (published in NJW, SchiedsVZ, RIW as well as international journals).
- Bar Association of Berlin
- Ges AfrR