In order to comply with international sanctions, the DIS conducts investigations in accordance with internal Compliance Guidelines. This may result in additional administrative measures, which may cause delay.
In the context of dispute resolution proceedings, this applies in particular, if:
- sanctions have been imposed on a party; or
- sanctions have been imposed on related entities and individuals; or
- the subject matter of the dispute falls within the scope of a sanctions regime; or
- parties or related entities and individuals are citizens or residents of a country subject to a sanctions regime; or
- an arbitrator, mediator, expert or other neutral is a citizen of a country subject to a sanctions regime.
Please also note that commercial banks may refuse to make and/or receive payments.
Furthermore, we refer to Articles 44.2 and 45.2 of the 2018 DIS Arbitration Rules.