Oliver Alexander is the founding partner of Alexander & Partner.
- Oliver focuses on business law in Qatar and the GCC and has particular experience in international joint ventures, construction, infrastructure, real estate law and transactions in the GCC, corporate and commercial law, project finance (including Islamic finance), related mediation, arbitration and dispute adjudication matters.
Areas of law
- Before establishing Alexander & Partner in 2013, Oliver worked in the legal department of the multi-billion industrial Preussag Group in Hannover, Germany from 1996 to 1998, he was head of the international department at Al-Attiya Legal Consultant and Attorney, Doha, State of Qatar, from 1998 to 2011 and associated partner at Amereller Rechtsanwälte in Berlin and Doha from 2011 to 2013.
- Oliver was an approved individual by the Qatar Financial Centre Regulatory Authority, and board member of Matrix ME Alignment Fund Management LLC at the Qatar Financial Centre, from 2010 to 2013.
- Oliver studied at Würzburg University and at Humboldt University in Berlin (German law degree, 1996), and at the University of Wales, United Kingdom (Diploma in English Law, 1993). Oliver Alexander is the first Certified Lawyer for International Business Law appointed by the Berlin Bar (2015).
Currently Oliver sits as adjudicator under FIDIC rules for a large residential tower construction project on the Pearl Qatar. Further he is conducting several arbitration procedures as counsel for international contractors under International Chamber of Commerce and Qatar Chamber of Commerce Rules.
- GHORFA, Arab German Yearbook 2013, Construction and Consulting, Arbitration in Construction Disputes
- He is founding chairman and member of the German Business Council Qatar
- Dispute Resolution Board Foundation
- Qatar International Center for Conciliation and Arbitration
- German Arbitration Institute
- ICC Germany
- Indian National Bar Association