since 2003 Full Professor of Law and Holder of Chair for Intellectual Property Law at Technical University of Munich (TUM), School of Management (www.jura.wi.tum.de), Member of Managing Board and Faculty at Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (www.miplc.de) Adjunct Professor at GWU Law School, Washington D.C. Distinguished Guest Professor (global), Keio University, Graduate School of Law, Tokyo
Areas of law
- 1982-1988 Law studies at Universities of Bayreuth, Erlangen-Nuremberg, and Duke Law/USA
- 1990 Dr. jur. at Bayreuth University
- 1992-2001 Attorney at Law in Munich and Erlangen
- 1998 Habilitation at Eberhard-Karls-University Tuebingen
- 2000-2003 Professor for Intellectual Property at Albert-Ludwig-University Freiburg
- from 2001-2003 also Judge at Mannheim Regional Court (Patent Infringement Panel)
- since 2003 Full Professor and Chair holder at Technical University of Munich
Neutral with World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Arbitration and Mediation Center. Chairman and Arbitrator in national and international arbitrations (ICC, DIS, UNCITRAL, ad hoc), Chairman at the Nuremberg Chamber of Commerce's Permanent Court of Arbitration.
- Kraßer/Ann, Patentrecht, 7th ed., Munich 2016 (1,100 pp, German)
- Ann/Hauck/Maute, Duties To Disclose And Trade Secret Protection in Infringement Proceedings, Cologne 2011 (300 pp, German)
- Ann/Loschelder/Grosch, Practice-Handbook Trade-Secret-Protection, Cologne 2010 (800 pp, German)
- more than 150 publications on national and international law of technology protection, corporate and contract law.
- VPP (Board Member)
- LES Germany (Board Member)